Friday, January 2, 2009

I'd like to say the holidays have me behind on my blogging.  But that wouldn't really be true.  It's life (and the fun trips I took over the past few months--hee hee)...  Here's an update--

Thanksgiving--Went on a cruise to the Caribbean w/my folks, my older brother Cory and younger bro Rob and his girlfriend Amanda.  Super fun!!  

The kids were super excited to see the ship...

And we were super excited to finally get on it & sail away!
My mom & me :)
Cory, Nate & Dad.
We had a great time at all of our stops--Roatan, Honduras (top), for snorkeling, a random island in Belize for beaching.  There was a water trampoline at our little cay that the kids had dreamt about for weeks before we left.  The loved it.  Cache collected a million seashells & Zach fell in love with strong Hawaiian punch, thanks to him & Grandma hitting the bar regularly.  What a mustache!!  Jay was brave enough to go snorkeling, and took to it like a fish.  No hesitation about sticking his face in the water.  Not a lot to see there, but his next opportunity was where there was lots of fish and he went crazy.  He's generally not the brave one, so that was really fun for he & I to share.
Cozumel, Mexico (top), was AWESOME because my parents watched the kids and Nate & I went diving.  No pictures of the cool fishies we saw--rays, barracuda, turtles, lobsters, etc--sorry.  Drift diving along a crazy steep drop off was something else.  That whole abyss thing--wow.  I learned what it really means to swim against the current--and I don't recommend. 

The Bahamas were pretty--and the notion of the "ship's private island" was cute, until we realized everyone from our ship (all 2800 of us) was going to be on the same beach.  Not so cute.  But we made the most of it :)  --Jay was having fun being a goofball, away from the crowds.

More to pics to come, when less bloggers are blogging...

4 comments:

Gatten Gang said...

Sounds Like it was a wonderful trip to share with those you love. Steve and I like to take others along too. It is so much more fun to share... Aunt Jean
Hope the holidays were good to you all too.

Tiff Gatten said...

Looks like so much fun. I won't let my kids see...I never take my kids with me. I offer to let them skip Christmas and go on a cruise ever year....Only Corbin will take the deal. So, I guess maybe some day I'll have to just take him.

Congrats on Nath's new job. Hope it all goes great.

Amber said...

It's fun to see a few pictures of the family. Keep the pics coming. Hope you had a great Christmas!
~Amber Harris(Nathan's cousin)

Annette, I know you have met me but you might not remember since Nate has about a million cousins;)
Anyway, hope you guys are doing good!

Michelle said...

those are such fun pictures of your family! what a fun trip for everybody! I love it!