Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bonding

On Sunday, our good friends the Lattins had us over to dinner.  Even though they haven't lived here for many years (3/4?--I've blocked it out) we have stayed in touch & visited each other from time to time.  So our kids think of  "Dr. Grant" and "Miss Ako" as members of our "heart family" (people we capital-L love, but aren't related to).  But since their kids are smaller, we have to work on the reverse.  Mia and I mostly communicate with giggles and smiles, and I am "Annette-o-san" (which, Nate learned, is a sign of respect).  So Nate's been stepping up his game so Mia will warm up to him (jealous, dear?).  Just recently he graduated to "Natosan"--we're so proud!!   

Note the highly-coveted beverage cooler.  My kids were entranced.

Meg is such a cutie!  We like her mom too.

1 comment:

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I loved hearing Akiko's talk and hearing about your history together - what an awesome visiting teacher/friend you are! I aspire to be like you - a tool in answering the prayers of people around you. I also loved your testimony at the ward FHE, so sorry Elijah was SO loud!

You have a super-cute family, and I admire you all so much! (

We should totally do Homestead farm again this year w/ the playgroup!)